Library Collections: Visual Still: Item Description

Poster showing workplace accident.
   Enlarge the image
This Image

Visual Still Information

Title: Damp Ladle Explodes
From: Eye Hazards In Industrial Occupations
Original caption: "Frank Welch failed to dry his ladle. He started to catch the iron at the furnace. The moment the hot iron struck the bottom of the ladle, it exploded and burned Frank on the hands and face.

It was three months before he was able to work."
Creator: John Bennett (author)
Date: November 1917
Format: Poster
Publisher: National Committee for the Prevention of Blindness, New York
Source: Mount Holyoke College Library
Location: p.62
Keywords: Advocacy; Blind; Industry; Labor; Labor & Commerce; Prevention; Public Health; Safety; Sensory Disability; Service Organizations; Work
Topics: Institutions, Organizations & Corporations; Social Movements & Advocacy
Funding Support Provided By: