Library Collections: Visual Still: Item Description

Three buildings opened by the New York association for the Blind.
   Enlarge the image
This Image

Visual Still Information

Title: Buildings Opened By The New York Association For The Blind
Original caption: Within a period of seven months the New York Association for the Blind opened

The Emma L. Hardy Memorial
A vacation home ofr the blind at Cornwall=on-Hudson known as The River Lighthouse
Opened August 5, 1912

The New Lighthouse
Opened by the President of the United States, February 22, 1913
The new headquarters of the Association, including sales rooms, information bureau, club rooms, training station, gymnasium, etc., 111 East 59th Street

The Bourne Workshop
For blind men, 240 East 35th Street
Dedicated October 16,1912
Creator: n/a
Date: 1913
Format: Photograph
Publication: New York Association for the Blind Annual Report
Source: Mount Holyoke College Library
Location: Pages: 78
Keywords: Advocacy; Architecture; Blind; Employment; Labor; Labor & Commerce; New York; New York Association For The Blind; New York City, NY; Sensory Disability; Service Organizations; Sheltered Workshop; Social Welfare & Communities; Social Welfare & Employment; Work
Topics: Institutions, Organizations & Corporations; Social Movements & Advocacy
Funding Support Provided By: