FIT: Episodes in the History of the Body our award-winning documentary explores, explodes, and exposes the cultural roots of America's fitness fanaticism. Asking the question, who is fit and who is not, FIT tracks how the definitions changed from 1880-1970s. 74 min.
WEB SPECIAL SALE 20% off! Typically $50 plus post. Now $35 plus post.
Use form below with Paypal.
Beyond Affliction: The Disability History Project is a four-hour radio documentary series produced by Laurie Block and Jay Allison. Each of its episodes explores the cultural history of people with disabilities in the United States and how that history persists in the present. This evergreen series received an Easter Seals Special EDI Award and the Robert F. Kennedy Award for Journalism. Most commonly, shoppers select Inventing The Poster Child which expores common stereotypes associated with disability, philanthropy, their historic origins and present day consequence. They also use The Overdue Revolution which explores the origins of the Disability Rights Movement, and the pivotal moment of the Section 504 demonstrations and legislation in the 1970s. These two programs are especially valuable for teaching or professional development in secondary schools, higher ed, and for non profits.
Postage and handling are included in the item price (Priority Mail + Tracking). Or add expedited shipping at additional cost.
To order online: use Paypal "Add to Cart" links below
To mail your order, send check or money order for the full amount due to:
Straight Ahead Pictures, Inc.
P.O. Box 395
Conway, MA 01341
Checks or money orders should be made payable to Straight Ahead Pictures, Inc.
- Beyond Affliction: Four Individual Programs
- Beyond Affliction: The Disability History Project Poster (18 x 22 inches)
Add to Cart ITEM BA-Poster
- Remember My Name A group of grassroots community activists self-described as "psychiatric survivors" restore the cemetery of the Danvers, MA Hospital for the Insane. (13 minutes) (DVD)
Add to Cart ITEM Remember My Name-DVD
- Fit: Episodes in the History of the Body WEB SPECIAL: FIT explores, explodes, and exposes the cultural roots of America's fitness fanaticism. (74 minutes) Price includes US PRIORITY MAIL Postage(DVD)
Add to Cart ITEM FIT-DVD
Expedited Shipping & Handling
Overnight Express: Individual Item, cost & handling $22.95
- Confirm ship date? - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volume order? - please contact email@example.com
Add to Cart Standard Overnight Delivery
- Expedited Shipping & Handling Overnight Express: Individual Item, cost & handling $22.95
Individuals or organizations wishing to place a bulk order should contact Straight Ahead Pictures for quote.
Questions or inquiries can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 413/369-4372, fax 413-369-4784. The Disability History Museum is a project of Straight Ahead Picture, a 501(c)(3) corporation